My Aeon GT3
  • Aeon
Before building
After building
Day 43 - Fitting the engine

Final preparation

Before fitting the engine, I had two jobs to do - firstly, the M10x75 bolts were very slightly too short, so I got some M10x80 bolts and replaced them.

The other job was to reorganise the brake lines (hand brake and hydraulic lines).

Click to download

Fitting the engine

Before the engine could be fitted, I lowered the back of the car so it wouldn't need to be lifted quite so much.

Click to download

And with the engine hoise, a bit of heaving and the assistance of my neighbour who made sure that one side was going in the right holes, it was in.

Click to download Click to download

The worry I had yesterday about it level wasn't actually a problem - it's perfect!

Click to download

Other door

I started to make the hinges for the other door - since they're identical to the first door, I didn't take any pictures of them.

Bottom gearbox mount

One of the bits that I didn't get with the new gearbox was the bottom gearbox mount - John's got me one, but in case he needs it, I decided to make one using some 6mm thick bar, and the remainder of the 13x26mm solid bar (which I tapped).

Click to download

And with it fitted

Click to download

Tomorrow, I'll finish off the other door.

« Previous - Next »

Copyright © 2005-2007 / Jason Tribbeck