Today, I concentrated on the interior panelling. Firstly, I put rubber edge section around the door sills. I must also tidy the inside of the car soon!
I then got the sheets I'd folded yesterday at Aeon's workshop (my sheet metal folder is 50 miles away), and cut out the pin for the latch and one of the ends of the gas spring. I also marked the actual line of the door.
And with it in place (missing the door!).
These are the door opening mechanisms I'll be using - they're fairly standard parts, and not terribly aesthetic, so I'm going to put them on the underside so you won't ordinarily see them.
With a couple of strips of MDF that happens to be the right thickness, the mechanism is held quite nicely in place.
I then drilled the holes for the top ledge panel, and also put rivnuts in the chassis to hold it in place.
And also for the other side.
When I put the other side on, I came across the first slight problem - the gas spring gets quite close to the opening mechanism.
I may need to move it.
Anyway, I bolted some rivnutted right-angle aluminium section to the panel, and bonded it to the door.
And also the other side.
And this is the second problem - the door curves outwards, while the right-angle section is straight.
I'll either put some filler to neaten the egde, or create a new top part that curves with the door. Using filler will be quicker, but won't look as good - I may go this way for the SVA, and then look at making some new doors afterwards.
And today's 10 minute job was an extension to this - putting some panels in the far front corners of the body. This would've been easier before I bonded the body on, which is what John's done at Aeon.