Although I'm doing this as one day, it's actually two days rolled into one.
Yesterday, I went to the Aeon workshop to pick up the gear linkage cables, and also to meet the Dutch distributors, Bert and Erik, where I gave them some Aeon Owners Club t-shirts (I'm not sure if they fit, but they're the only ones I have left for the moment), and a copy of all the pictures on this site for them to use.
While I was there, I also took some pictures of Steve's GT3 which had been painted since the last time I'd seen it. Also, the doors were pretty close to being finished.
The rear lights are similar to mine, except frenched in, and only 3 of them.
The doors are looking great - if I knew how they would end up when I was deciding which one to buy (and also how the rear windscreen goes), then I probably would have made a coupe instead.
However, I also wanted to see how the throttle cable fits - I've got the option of either a drive by wire system, or a cable.
Finally, I helped John, Bert and Erik get their chassis on their trailer, and they were off.
Anyway, today I went to fit new cables. This is what they look like:
However, my first attempt to fit them really didn't work - they weren't quite the same length from the mounting plate to the tip (when you include the ends). I took quite a while to think about it (and I almost left it to next weekend), but I had an idea to move some of the mounting plates around to fit.
I also needed to move the brackets at the other end - in total, they needed to move them about 100mm.
And in the car:
I was hoping to fit the throttle cable, but the evenings are getting dark now so called it a night then - it was a lot more work than I had anticpated to fit the new cables...