Before doing some more interior panelling, I put some rubbers on the pedals (Mike had replaced his rubber with some aftermarket ones, so these were spare.
My brother, Chris, had come over yesterday, and he's here until Thursday to help me do some work on the car. We started with the access hatch, with the aim of being able to bolt it on.
We measured the positions for the bolts, and drilled the holes.
With that done, we put some gromits on the rear bulkhead panels where the gear linkage cable comes through.
And then we started panelling the bit between the handbrake and the gearstick - it was something I wanted to do, but wasn't sure how to do it, but after discussing the idea with Chris, we had a bash at it. This was the first idea:
This was a revision after deciding that it would interfere with the chair too much:
And after a bit more work:
And with some rivits and rivnuts holding it in place:
And then we covered it with foam and Alicante:
And putting it all into perspective (including the padding on the steering wheel, and the top part of the steering column body):
Tomorrow, we'll do the floor carpets, cover the gearstick (we may get as far as making a gaiter), and also the handbrake panels - this will improve the looks even more!