As predicted, yesterday's weather was terrible - I ended up going down to Portsmouth to buy a vice and some letter punches (Machine Mart had a VAT free day). I also visited Pete, my mate who helped me (well, did most of the work) on my Locust to borrow a sheet metal folder because I had a few bits of panelling I wanted to do.
I'd called John earlier, who said that my drive shafts should be ready very very soon, and this spurred me to do some work this evening (as well as talk to Intatrim about getting the seats trimmed).
So, here's the photo I forgot to take on Saturday:
The first panel I wanted to do was one to hide the handbrake bits.
I used some cardboard as a template first of all:
I decided that it would be better if I used some right angle aluminium rivitted to the panels, and rivnuts to hold the panel in place rather than have the tabs on the side, and also make the hole for the harness more at an angle for the final piece:
I then cut another piece out for the gearstick mechanism.
The hammer is holding the planel in the right place until I've decided how it'll be mounted to the gearstick (probably with some rivnuts). I may put some more panels around this - although that will be after I've routed the gear linkage cables (which I'll have a go at tomorrow).
And this is what it looks like with the seat base in place:
The seat will be raised by 25mm (I'll put some bars underneath it), which should give enough room for the cable to be routed around the seat.