Some important gearbox parts turned up - the selector mechanism and the bracket that holds the cables in place. I think you can tell what the new parts are!
After that, I started to cut holes in the front and rear sections to take the Aerocatches. I could've put them on the top, but I decided to put them on the sides, with plates on the side pod sections to hold the pin in place.
First of all, measuring 2" up from the bottom of the panel, and 90mm from the edge (3" was too near, 4" was too far - I like to mix and match my measurements!)
And then, placing the (supplied) template on the cross-hairs.
Drawing around it, and removing the template left the cutting line.
And then with a jigsaw (using the special GRP blade)
Unfortunately, it's too thick in places for the Aerocatch to be mounted flush...
...So using an angle grinder with a sanding disk, I sanded the edges away so that it could fit.
Repeating this for the other 3 catches.
With the four holes cut out, I started to sand the body filler that I'd placed on the rear section. It still needs some more filler, in order for it to be a nice flush fit.
I then put the side pod on to see what it looked like
And then the door.
Tomorrow, John's hopefully going to arrive, so I'll have a tidy up, and maybe fit the dashboard - tonight I'll try to finish off the electronics.