I bought some more drill bits and put a few more rivets in. It's now strong enough to stand on (and bounce a little). I may still stick some more in later on (my arms were getting tired!). I also trimmed it to the right size, and painted the edge where I'd cut it.
More GRP work
I started to fit the central body section.
The windscreen section was also trimmed to give (roughly) 25mm spacing around (so the screen can be bonded to it).
I then fitted the right hand side lower section.
After looking at it closely, I discovered that the join between the top and bottom is not meant to align with the top of the chassis - it's meant to align with the bottom of the chassis (the chassis is [deliberately] not parallel - something I'd noticed when putting in the side panels, but forgot). I checked this with John from Aeon, and then did some more trimming to the panels to fit:
I'll need to get some glass fibre stuff to fill in the bits left over (luckily it doesn't need to be terribly neat, as it'll be hidden under the engine compartment):
However, it now sits much better (look at the bottom of the GRP, and the chassis).
Tomorrow, I'll fill in the gaps, get the other side in, and also put the nose on it properly. Once that's done, I'll clean up the edges. If there's time, I'll take a look at the steering column...